Another way to get involved, sign up for committees.
Join our Google Groups and you will have direct access to the signup sheet on google docs to sign up or you can email your interest . See descriptions and email links below.
- Work on making the playl0t space again accessible to the community (including working with Harlem Grown).
- Keep the Board and General Assembly up to date on activity
Community Liaison (join)
- Through a rota system – provide attendance coverage at the following community meetings: 28th Police Precinct meeting (x1 a month), 32nd Police Precinct (x1 a month), Community Board 10 (x1 a month). All meetings occur weekday evenings.
- Provide the BA Secretary with a summary of the meeting and any material items relevant to the block and the block community.
- Organize flyer distribution to announce BA meetings
- Greet and introduce new members and prospective members at BA meetings.
- Contact all new members personally by phone or email to welcome them to the BA and encourage them to return to the next meeting
- Create welcome kit or OneSheet with BA information (website URL, BA email address, Google Group invitation request, list of committees, Member in Good Standing requirements)
- Brainstorm ideas to grow BA membership, General Meeting attendance and participation
- Oversee logistics of securing a date, police precinct permissions and all aspects of organizing a block party
- Organize refreshments following General Membership meetings
- Organize all aspects of Halloween trick or treating on the block (including securing date and police precinct permissions)
- Charter: Maintain an inclusive, respectful web presence with content relevant to our block; and provide a platform for the BA to communicate with the BA community about notices, events relevant to the block and the BA.
- Post necessary announcements from the BA Board to the website – to include meeting announcements, minutes, event notices etc.
- Maintain the BA blog (as time permits) in keeping with the BA online charter.
- Moderate and approve comments posted to the website in keeping with the BA online charter.
- Respond to membership requests to join the BA’s Google group.
- Monitor the availability of both the website and the google groups
- Attend CB 10 sanitation committee meetings
- Report to 311 or the sanitation department missing trash receptacles on the 4 corners of 5th and 127th and the 4 corners of Lenox and 127th.
- Report on clogged drainage grates to the sanitation department
- Organize block clean up days
- Brainstorm ideas to keep the block cleaner on a daily basis